Shop

Welcome to my wonderful world of handmade lampwork beads and handcrafted jewellery .

I enjoy making handmade beads that are not mass produced and have that original feel and look. As my beads are not mass produced not every bead is the same and can vary ever so slightly . This is why I feel excitement each time I melt glass as each time is like the first time. Any imperfections are stated in my descriptions so buyer please be aware .

Enjoy looking at my beads.
It is our imagination that lets us create these wonderful designs.

Monday 1 February 2010

Its Arrived

So its arrived : Today my table came after what felt like forever. I set it up ready to go straight away. A few changes will have to be made to where I shall place my beads. then I can change them around again and again. All I need now is the sea view, that's the other side of the house.

Yesterday we had fresh Lobster, and as a pathetic southerner we had to do the dirty deed & do away with the Lobster before we ate it. Being that we are used to going to a supermarket , butcher or fish mongers and buying already slaughtered meat ready done. We had to experience the humanly killing of our food before we ate it. For those who want to judge , do not read this part of the blog DO NOT judge before you experience a crofter or fisherman's life on Islands , we as southerners that have supermarkets on our doorstep are spoilt I am first to recognise that aspect of what I had in Manchester by living up here we no longer have a Tescos 6 Min's down the road . All animals up here are cared & reared with the up most respect for its lifetime and all animals / fish are humanely treated during its life and after.

It is after all what ends up in supermarkets and butchers after all only we don't get to see the gritty part. Anyway I can say I felt that much guilt being a southerner doing the deed along with my husband that at first I did not want to eat it , but I realised that would not give the respect it deserved by not eating it. So myself and The Husband did. It was amazing and I know that when we come to rear our Turkeys for Christmas Time it will another experience the three of us would be fortunate enough to witness if we were not living on this island. We will be caring for our food knowing that it is our food , the same as our hens that give us eggs, they are looked after and are free to roam all over our land ( what we have of it ) and we get top notch eggs for doing so. If we ever came back to Manchester, one of the first things I would do after shopping for shoes ( cannot change that much ) would be restart with the Hens , do the turkeys if a success , go to farmers markets or source farmers direct so I know how my food is reared.
Concerning food up here I have learned alot. People grow there own veg up here something what The Husband wants to do , he can I won't as I know I am too lazy in the digging and weeding part. But the outcome of your own veg you cannot beat it. I remember my dad growing his own veg and I wonder if he felt as fulfilled as they do up here. Something that I will never find out though ahh well .



No comments:

Post a Comment