Shop

Welcome to my wonderful world of handmade lampwork beads and handcrafted jewellery .

I enjoy making handmade beads that are not mass produced and have that original feel and look. As my beads are not mass produced not every bead is the same and can vary ever so slightly . This is why I feel excitement each time I melt glass as each time is like the first time. Any imperfections are stated in my descriptions so buyer please be aware .

Enjoy looking at my beads.
It is our imagination that lets us create these wonderful designs.

Wednesday 6 January 2010

School Bloody Closed

When I went to bed last night snow was falling I looked at the hen house and thought NO School Tomorrow . At 7.02 am this morning I get a phone call from one of the mums up here to say School is Closed, we have a severe weather system rota up here where a chain of people ring each of the mums to let them know school is closed rather than the head or deputy head or parents ringing the school to check. And today proved that the system works . 10 outta 10 for Whalsay doing that I was really impressed it meant I didn't have to wake The Son and I could go back to bed for another hour.

The Son went out sledging again with friends a parc or two away, he rang 2 hrs later asking if I would put a hot water bottle on for him after his shower to get warm because his feet were like rocks he said. In fact he begged for the hot water bottle and as any nice mother would do it was ready and waiting along with dry clothes when he got out the shower. Snow I think has started again Bella ( Dog ) came in before covered in flakes. We will not find out til tomorrow whether or not school is open until we get that chain call again, I know how fab having such a system and that it works.

I made up this evening 2 earrings that I will post tomorrow as its too cold in the kitchen to set up the display to take the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment