Shop

Welcome to my wonderful world of handmade lampwork beads and handcrafted jewellery .

I enjoy making handmade beads that are not mass produced and have that original feel and look. As my beads are not mass produced not every bead is the same and can vary ever so slightly . This is why I feel excitement each time I melt glass as each time is like the first time. Any imperfections are stated in my descriptions so buyer please be aware .

Enjoy looking at my beads.
It is our imagination that lets us create these wonderful designs.

Saturday 9 January 2010

Ice Rink

Quick update for today nothing to do with beads, its about our Ice Rink yes you heard right we have our very own Ice Rink. Our drive has become an Ice Rink since this morning. We meaning The Son and I left @ 9am this morning to go over to mainland Shetland to do the BIG shop. It look beautiful over on the mainland, untouched snow , clear main road , frozen Lochs . I have been feeling extremely homesick over Christmas and New Year and I still in many ways want to go back to Manchester. But a calm crossing on the ferry so I wasn't Icky Sicky today and beautiful views made my homesickness pass for a while. It was when we got back and going down our long drive / road we started to slip and slide. The car was under control until we got to our small slope that goes down to the house & CLOSED gate that the car developed Ice Skates and would not stop. I'm shouting to The Son " THE GATE , THE GATE " he cannot get out the car to open the gate as the car is still moving towards it next minute , BASH the car hits the gate, the gate opens with the forces then bounces back and hits the damn car again . All the time I'm thinking OMG the car front is damaged. We come to a halt The Son gets out checks the car and gives the thumbs up that the car and gate are still intact. Thank God. So our driveway is only to be used with Ice Skates until further notice.

2 comments: