Shop

Welcome to my wonderful world of handmade lampwork beads and handcrafted jewellery .

I enjoy making handmade beads that are not mass produced and have that original feel and look. As my beads are not mass produced not every bead is the same and can vary ever so slightly . This is why I feel excitement each time I melt glass as each time is like the first time. Any imperfections are stated in my descriptions so buyer please be aware .

Enjoy looking at my beads.
It is our imagination that lets us create these wonderful designs.

Saturday 10 April 2010

A Year ago to yesterdays date


Its been a whole year since we moved up to Shetland. Do I feel different having been here a year. Honestly I do not know. I don't hate the place so that is a plus, however do I do not love the place either.

Drawbacks are :

The remoteness and the lack of the 21st century at your door.
The bad weather & cold.
The electric bills are a rip off in a huge way and I would not mind if it at least kept you warm in the winter, but it does not. And the fuel bills is 10p to 20p a litre dearer than you lot on the mainland. Moaning that your fuel is now 1.20 ha ours was that last year we are on 1.30 I expect.
Also the cost of getting off Shetland in plain words it is a JOKE.
Ferries as I get seasick - YUK YUK YUK
There are more but that could take all day.


Positives :

Community , we have one and its a very friendly and supportive one at that.
Safe as houses, I mean my 11 year old is safe to go out to play just like when I was a child.
Doors left open , no-one will rob your house.
Sundays are a day of rest & roast dinners.
No more Traffic jams , need I say any more.

Again the list could go on.

So I have made today 3 bracelets that I need to finish off and these below . The house needs a good clean but am I doing it , nahh maybe next week !!!

Sputnik Earrings

Sputnik Necklace

Creeky Beads Bracelet

Raspberry Ripple Earrings

2 Flower Brooches


So a year on do I want to go back South , yes and no really . The countryside yes the safety yes , some shops , no ferry journeys , however the traffic no, the city living no, the people & lack of community no. If you feel confused think what its like for us 3 three living it.

We take one day at a time and enjoy what it does or does not bring. Its the only way to keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment