Shop

Welcome to my wonderful world of handmade lampwork beads and handcrafted jewellery .

I enjoy making handmade beads that are not mass produced and have that original feel and look. As my beads are not mass produced not every bead is the same and can vary ever so slightly . This is why I feel excitement each time I melt glass as each time is like the first time. Any imperfections are stated in my descriptions so buyer please be aware .

Enjoy looking at my beads.
It is our imagination that lets us create these wonderful designs.

Thursday 29 April 2010

I am struggling

So that you do not think I will make any beads up that I have made here are some I made yesterday, the red glass and the frit was kindly sent up from Trudi ( Glittering Prize ). Now I know I know this is only my 5th attempt ever, but I want to be perfect already. I have the belly button middle but the gravity all the way round is still not perfect and it is driving me nuts. I am find the safety glasses a both as my contacts trend to dry out so my sight goes all fuzzy and also I think I am putting the beads still in the kiln too quickly so next time I am , note to self put beads in kiln on perfect time not too quick or too slow , just right.

So they may be a bit wonky , but they are mine own work and I am really proud that I have achieved this. I am going to be 35 this year and I have finally found something I like doing and that I am proud even if wonky to show to the world.

My Virgin Earrings
Oh and I had to make some cow beads they were really enjoyable to do so I will be perfecting these babies for future use , I shall make these up into a bracelet .



These are a mixture of colours that I was playing with yesterday , I have to start trying to get as near as possible with exact sizes but again that will take a while, I am hoping one day it will all just click. Fingers Crossed !!

And some black beads that looked good enough to use of mine that I made yesterday, I have teamed these up with purple S . I shall wear my stuff with pride and the little extra that they where all handmade in Shetland.

Bloody Mary Earrings :

I am doing a mini stall at Sunday Teas to help promote our island youth club on Sunday , so I shall be taking my attempts for people to see there. Showing them that this is all natural, raw & handmade by me .

3 comments:

  1. Well done - looks like it's going really well!!!
    Kazx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really enjoying it , as you know my excitement still has not gone. All I think about is beads even when I am supposed to be doing other things .

    ReplyDelete
  3. wo hoooo get you - fab beads!

    ReplyDelete