Shop

Welcome to my wonderful world of handmade lampwork beads and handcrafted jewellery .

I enjoy making handmade beads that are not mass produced and have that original feel and look. As my beads are not mass produced not every bead is the same and can vary ever so slightly . This is why I feel excitement each time I melt glass as each time is like the first time. Any imperfections are stated in my descriptions so buyer please be aware .

Enjoy looking at my beads.
It is our imagination that lets us create these wonderful designs.

Monday 26 April 2010

My attempts so far

So here are my first ever 3 attempts of bead making on my own, bearing in mind I had only used the torch for the first time ever with my day with Kaz. ( Lovely Kaz from Cheeky Cherub )


Above is day 1, The gravity needed alot more work and I made the beads too small, however the lentil I was really pleased with and too really with the beads because they may look shit but they were what I had made all on my own . It will take alot of practice and over time I am sure I will get used to the glass .

Day 2 Above. I listened to Trudi's advice and went slower so the gravity had a better chance in forming . I was so pleased with the one or two that came out . Still on a high though I love it watching the glass melt , putting the colours together seeing how they turn out the next day after annealing


Day 3 , fewer beads but I can see a slight improvement or is it wishful thinking ? I hope not as I am enjoying this sooooo much .

1 comment:

  1. I think you're a natural Stacey - really I do. Superb start - can't wait to see yo uprogress!

    ReplyDelete