Shop

Welcome to my wonderful world of handmade lampwork beads and handcrafted jewellery .

I enjoy making handmade beads that are not mass produced and have that original feel and look. As my beads are not mass produced not every bead is the same and can vary ever so slightly . This is why I feel excitement each time I melt glass as each time is like the first time. Any imperfections are stated in my descriptions so buyer please be aware .

Enjoy looking at my beads.
It is our imagination that lets us create these wonderful designs.

Saturday 30 April 2011

So heres what I did yesterday


After the excitement of the Royal Wedding I went into the shed , I finished off another pendant for the 93 yr old lady to go with the other necklace .


 I then found myself making these type of beads below. The ones with the organic middle of silver and ivory stringer melted into the middle. I do not make these as I know alot of other lampworkers do , but I must admit I enjoyed every minute of making these and I liked what came out of the kiln the next morning . I used Lauscha Glass , Violet , A blue one & Cocco coloured. I found it a bit shocky and it is expensive glass but the results just show the next day that it is all worth it.




I then continued to practise with Double Helix and encasing . Mixed results I feel as I have to get used to using a BIG GIRLS TORCH so have to get the setting just right so that I can get the best out of DH Glass . But I will just have to keep going back to it. Encasing I love doing it I really do.



Now the best one of the night and this was the last bead I made was the encased purple polka on the right. If the clear encasing would have gone over the blue just that little bit more it would have been 99% perfect . I am so proud of this bead anyway.

Look at my attempt 12months ago on the left , the yellow one in the middle. It was heated too much , I used too much yellow in the middle , my spots were wrong . Not good at all but yesterday I tried again and got that out of the kiln this morning ................. A Big Smile on my face all day as well because of that little bead..... It is now going up in my pink shed..

No comments:

Post a Comment