Shop

Welcome to my wonderful world of handmade lampwork beads and handcrafted jewellery .

I enjoy making handmade beads that are not mass produced and have that original feel and look. As my beads are not mass produced not every bead is the same and can vary ever so slightly . This is why I feel excitement each time I melt glass as each time is like the first time. Any imperfections are stated in my descriptions so buyer please be aware .

Enjoy looking at my beads.
It is our imagination that lets us create these wonderful designs.

Tuesday 25 January 2011

I said I would practice

And I did . 7 hrs yesterday , I was only going to stay in there a few hours .......
I started off by practicing hearts and slowly I think I might be getting the hang of it . I am still not happy with the middle bit where the hole is but I shall have a go at putting less glass next time and see if that helps.




Then I had a much welcomed and needed surprise. My bead rollers came . No hoping about I just got out the Double Helix and Clear Glass and started . No messing I wanted to get my hands on these suckers ...

Encasing will take alot of practice to get perfect it is like starting from scratch again knowing how much glass to put on, getting it even all the way round . Covering the holes at each end. Hard to do when the glass is clear. However I do not seem to mind doing this at all.

I am looking forward to the longer light in the evening and warmer weather so I am able to have those double doors open whilst beading happily during those summer evenings. This year I want to enjoy the warmth of the sun and actually not be wearing 3 layers of clothing in June or July .

I have even started thinking about the Flame Off . About what I would like to get , what I want to see knowing I am there for 2 days means I can take my time and enjoy everything. It will be good to meet people in person as well. Something for the New Year. Meet People !!!!! And try not to be afraid .....

Enough waffle . I need to pee , its raining here and I am waiting for the coalman to arrive .xx

2 comments: